Benefits of Using WordPress For Your Company Website
If you own a business, then you need to have a website to withstand the competitive market and in growing your business. However the question that comes to your mind is where to start from? Which platform will be best for starting the development with? Even if you had a website, then you should know of ways to stay at the top. Either way, you have to consider having a website for escalating your growth and to ensure that it is not obsolete.
Building website on Content Management System is feasible and more efficient as it allows you to modify the content easily and effectively. They provide a level of abstraction so that users can easily create generic functionality and to achieve the goal of your business.
A reliable website provides particular functionality to users as a part of a business to facilitate web development and enhancing user experience. Web development includes designing the site, its layout, frameworks, application programming interface (APIs) that coalesce to present one single entity and solutions to users.
Over other platforms, WordPress has an edge and is the most popular Content Management System (CMS). It is an application that can be extended through the use of its rich functionality and APIs. Of course, there are other different frameworks and applications available but with WordPress, the usability is quite easy as compared to other CMS. It is free and open source plus large communities of developers making it the popular. If you don’t have enough budget but want to reap immeasurable benefits, then WordPress is the way to go. This is a good choice, indeed because of customizable WordPress theme, plugins, and cross-platform compatibility.
Let’s have a look at some of the facts of WordPress:
- 74.7 Million sites depend on it
- WordPress almost powers 23% of the entire websites
- There are 37 million searches for keywords per month.
- There are more than 46,000 plugins
- WordPress is the most popular CMS (content management system) boasting a whopping 57% market share.
Some Advantages of WordPress
- Open source: WordPress is an open source platform meaning that developers can use the code written and used already without having to modify or starting from the beginning, isn’t that great? As it has large communities of developers, thereby, developers share codes with each others saving time and cost of writing and implementing a new one. It comes under the GPLv2 license that means, you can easily modify, distribute and use the code without having to pay any subscription or license fees.
- Usability and simplicity: With other frameworks or CMS you need have a basic understanding of technical jargon and knowledge but when it comes to WordPress users with no technical background and use it and that too, quite easily. You don’t need to be familiar with programming languages like HTML, PHP, CSS etc as it clicks and uses. WordPress is easy to setup, update and manage.
- Easy of operation: with time everything changes or just to abide by the new technology and guidelines you need to introduce a little modification in your site be it removing/adding a page, changing the background color, themes etc. Now, what? You will be outsourcing your project or hiring designers or developers for the modification but with WordPress, you don’t have to hire anyone no need of technical assistance as you can make changes to the site without writing a single line of code. This saves you time and money as you don’t need a high-level developer/designer for its setup.
- Plugins: Another great advantage of WordPress. It has over 45,000 plugins for almost every functionality. You want to run an analysis of your site, you have a specific plugin want to enhance the SEO you’ve got another one. Again, you don’t have to write a single line of code for any functionality just install the respective plugin and have that functionality on your site.
- Rapid development: The foremost advantage of WordPress is that speed at which you’re able to create and start using a website. You can create full-on interfaces, applications, and website with the help of APIs. The process of developing a website is quite straightforward especially drag and drop functionality making it much faster to develop websites.